ROLE OF THE STATES IN SUPPORT OF AEROSPACE
• Educate and train aerospace professionals (the next generation of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs) who will develop the next generation aviation system and pioneer the frontiers of space
• Develop, test and incubate new technologies across a wide spectrum of corporate, academic, and private innovation infrastructures
• Sponsor aerospace conferences and business roundtables to enable networking among key aerospace leaders
• Facilitate attractive tax structures, leverage venture capital, and seed public-private partnerships to promote entrepreneurship and expand space enterprise
• Provide adequate infrastructure (e.g., airports, spaceports, roads, communications, internet access) and leverage unique geographical assets (e.g., landforms, location, climate) to develop terrestrial analog test sites
• Dedicate public lands for airports, space launch and other aerospace-related activities, and create research and education centers to both support these programs and facilitate technology transfer
• Convey the multiple scientific, educational and commercial benefits of space exploration to the general public
ASA is a nonpartisan organization of Lt. Governors, Governor appointed delegates, and associate members from aerospace organizations and academia. ASA represents states’ interests in federal aerospace and aviation policy development. ASA advocates on behalf of all 50 states for research and design funding, workforce training, economic development in aerospace and aviation, excellence in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education, and keeping states competitive in a global marketplace.
ASA brings together aviation and space interests across each state to educate state legislators on issues specific to their state and provide networking opportunities to grow jobs and expand economic development. As leaders in our state governments, ASA members not only impact policy at the state level, but also at the federal level, by informing our congressional delegations on aerospace priorities.
We are committed to enacting state-based initiatives to strengthen our nation’s leadership in aviation and space. We are committed to supporting the aerospace and aviation industries in all 50 states to strengthen industry contributions to our economies. We are committed to inspiring a younger generation to innovate, explore and build. We are committed to educating young Americans to lead the world in science, technology, math and engineering. We are committed to linking the global community in peace and commerce via air travel.
Aerospace States Association © 2017 All Rights Reserved